Saturday 5 July 2014

saturday , Wakehurst Place


Today I went to Wakehurst Place, a National Trust/Kew Gardens property and garden, and got stuck at the entrance. It was a rather iffy situation , I had to wait for a ticket to appear and when it finally did the barrier would not open !  A very nice lady came and let me in, fortunately , or rather very unfortunately, there were very few cars and they used the other barrier.




Oh dear, I would a Kew garden season ticket because paying £10 for a day in parking fees is not what I want.  
I like all the other places around here but I love Kew, Wakehurst, I love drawing there in the summer.

So future blogs will be full of birch trees from the birch wood at Wakehurst.

And this is a lithographic print I drew there


As the sun was out just now I took some images of my front garden, some lovely crocosmia called Lucifer I think. Some flowering hebe,  and a lovely eucalyptus with very small leaves.




I also went to Standen and gave them some more town trail leaflets, so glad they loved the quilt !





Standen




No comments:

Post a Comment