Saturday 9 August 2014

Matisse, Malevich and poppies at the Tower

                                     


                                       


Today Carolyn and I went to London, it was a beautiful day and after looking at the Matisse at the Tate , which was just wonderful, we went and had a look at the Malevich also at the Tate. Avery good exhibition, on the whole the impression of those two painters was one of joy and one of sadness.  They both died of cancer but worked creatively to the end.   They produced some stunning works of art.




After the Tate we took the RV1 bus to the Tower of London where thousands of ceramic poppies are planted in the moat around the Tower, the whole place was crowded with millions of tourists and zillions of bikes actually the whole of that part of town was full of bikes, every one was enjoying themselves.
The poppies looked quite amazing I bought one but won't receive it until after the 11th of November.



Yesterday I printed Jo Hall's wonderful litho print.
I also printed Annie Ridd's lovely print.




 Then I created a small print and printed it on fabric, and on ticking it works very well.  And a large print worked well too, I might embroider on top of the the fabric.


small dancing person


woman and bird






1 comment:

  1. Wish I could have gone to London with you! Tell me more about printing on fabric!!! What is "ticking?"

    ReplyDelete